Thursday 16 October 2014

Paul Rudd invites Royals fans to party





  • Kansas City Royals fan Paul Rudd was thrilled with Wednesday's win

  • The actor joked that he was going to throw a party at his mom's

  • He was raised in Kansas City, Missouri




(CNN) -- When the Kansas City Royals moved on to the World Series on Wednesday, superfan Paul Rudd knew exactly what time it was: time to party.


The 45-year-old actor was born in New Jersey but grew up in a suburb of Kansas City and is one of the team's true blue supporters. He was in town for the American League Championship Series game on Wednesday night, when the Royals beat the Baltimore Orioles 2-1 to advance to the World Series for the first time since 1985.







Rocking a new baseball cap in support of his team, a hoarse and clearly thrilled Rudd told CNN affiliate KMBC that he's had faith the Royals could come this far.


"I know for the last several years, every year, all of us Royals fans we have the same hope. ... When we went on that win streak this summer, it was like, this could legitimately happen," he said. "I've lost my voice, but I've lost my voice at just about every game since the Wild Card. (Tonight's win) was amazing. This entire town feels it."


Lost voice or no, Rudd wasn't ready to call it a night.


"I'm going to be partying at my mom's house!" he joked. "Party at my mom's, man. She's out of town; I've got a keg. It's going to be sweet! Five dollar cover!"


Once the celebration dies down, Rudd's going to have to head back to work. He's filming the upcoming Marvel movie and got permission to leave the set to catch the third and fourth games of the ALCS before making his way back on Thursday.


He's hoping he'll get to sneak away for another game when his Royals face the winner of the San Francisco Giants-St. Louis Cardinals series.


"Now I'm going to pray that they can somehow let me go," Rudd told the Kansas City Star. "The higher powers make those decisions. ... (But) even if it's just one, I'm going to try and get here."


5 reasons to love the Kansas City Royals



No comments:

Post a Comment