Monday 27 October 2014

Finally, Taylor Swift's '1989' is out






Taylor Swift is known for confessional lyrics that slyly chronicle her romances with famous (and not so famous) men. But on occasion, Swift also speaks up when away from the mic. Here's a look at what we like to call Swift-ology.Taylor Swift is known for confessional lyrics that slyly chronicle her romances with famous (and not so famous) men. But on occasion, Swift also speaks up when away from the mic. Here's a look at what we like to call Swift-ology.

"I think who you are in school really sticks with you. I don't ever feel like the cool kid at the party, ever. It's like, smile and be nice to everybody, because you were not invited to be here." -- Vogue, 2012"I think who you are in school really sticks with you. I don't ever feel like the cool kid at the party, ever. It's like, smile and be nice to everybody, because you were not invited to be here." -- Vogue, 2012

"I've had countless opportunities to do some really bad things. And then people start combing through everything that I do trying to find the next mistake and misperception, which leads to more scrutiny." -- Elle, 2010"I've had countless opportunities to do some really bad things. And then people start combing through everything that I do trying to find the next mistake and misperception, which leads to more scrutiny." -- Elle, 2010

"For me, rebelling is done with words: I love to write honest songs that name real people, then get up onstage and live out those emotions in front of 15,000 people. Penciling in a night to get wasted is not something I want to do." -- Glamour, 2009"For me, rebelling is done with words: I love to write honest songs that name real people, then get up onstage and live out those emotions in front of 15,000 people. Penciling in a night to get wasted is not something I want to do." -- Glamour, 2009

"I love having a goal, feeling like I'm on a mission. I love trying to beat what I've done so far." -- Marie Claire, 2010"I love having a goal, feeling like I'm on a mission. I love trying to beat what I've done so far." -- Marie Claire, 2010

"I'll just be sitting back and growing old, watching all of this happen or not happen, all the while trying to maintain a life rooted in this same optimism. And I'd also like a nice garden." -- Wall Street Journal, July 2014"I'll just be sitting back and growing old, watching all of this happen or not happen, all the while trying to maintain a life rooted in this same optimism. And I'd also like a nice garden." -- Wall Street Journal, July 2014

"I've never been a party girl. I'd rather sit at home and bake on a Friday night than go to parties." -- The Washington Post, 2008"I've never been a party girl. I'd rather sit at home and bake on a Friday night than go to parties." -- The Washington Post, 2008

"I'm the kind of girl who needs to tell her friends everything. I've developed this really close-knit group of girls. ... I met Emma (Stone, pictured) when I was 17, and I met Selena (Gomez) when I was 18. ... Somehow through all of it, we've stayed close. " -- Glamour, 2012"I'm the kind of girl who needs to tell her friends everything. I've developed this really close-knit group of girls. ... I met Emma (Stone, pictured) when I was 17, and I met Selena (Gomez) when I was 18. ... Somehow through all of it, we've stayed close. " -- Glamour, 2012

"I definitely think about a million people when I'm getting dressed in the morning. (It) would be really easy to say, 'You know, I'm 21 now. I do what I want. You raise your kids.' But that's not the truth of it. The truth of it is that every singer out there with songs on the radio is raising the next generation." -- "60 Minutes," 2011"I definitely think about a million people when I'm getting dressed in the morning. (It) would be really easy to say, 'You know, I'm 21 now. I do what I want. You raise your kids.' But that's not the truth of it. The truth of it is that every singer out there with songs on the radio is raising the next generation." -- "60 Minutes," 2011

"People make so much fun of me for that, but I don't know. It's like, if you win an award, isn't that crazy? ... I try to be (blase), but it's hard when you get excited about stuff." -- "Nightline," October 2012"People make so much fun of me for that, but I don't know. It's like, if you win an award, isn't that crazy? ... I try to be (blase), but it's hard when you get excited about stuff." -- "Nightline," October 2012

"To me, relaxation equals a shirt with a bunch of cats." -- Twitter, 2011"To me, relaxation equals a shirt with a bunch of cats." -- Twitter, 2011

"It's fine to talk about love publicly, but I think when you talk about virginity and sex publicly, people just automatically picture you naked." -- Allure, 2009"It's fine to talk about love publicly, but I think when you talk about virginity and sex publicly, people just automatically picture you naked." -- Allure, 2009

"I make sure I only write bad songs about the (guys) who deserve it." -- Glamour, 2010."I make sure I only write bad songs about the (guys) who deserve it." -- Glamour, 2010.

"People are going to talk about you. But maybe you're having more fun than them anyway." -- People, October 2014"People are going to talk about you. But maybe you're having more fun than them anyway." -- People, October 2014








1



2



3



4



5



6



7



8



9



10



11



12



13



14








  • Swift's new album is out Monday

  • Billboard declared it her "best work"

  • Kelly Clarkson covered "Shake It Off" at her concert




(CNN) -- Happy Taylor Swift album release day!


It may not be your thing, but the legions of the Swifties have been eagerly awaiting "1989." Some of them downloaded a track of silence just to get their TS fix.


With her first purely pop album, Swift is winning raves. Billboard's Jem Aswad declared the album "Swift's best work -- a sophisticated pop tour de force that deserves to be as popular commercially as with Robyn-worshipping bloggers; an album that finds Swift meeting Katy (Perry) and Miley (Cyrus) and Pink on their home turf and staring them down."


"1989" is being closely watched to see whether it can help pull the music industry out of its slump: No single artist has been able to pull off a platinum album this year.







Rolling Stone's Rob Sheffield writes in his review that "Swift has already written enough great songs for two or three careers. 'Red,' from 2012, was her 'Purple Rain,' a sprawling I-am-the-cosmos epic with disco banjos and piano ballads and dubstep drops.


"Deeply weird, feverishly emotional, wildly enthusiastic, '1989' sounds exactly like Taylor Swift, even when it sounds like nothing she's ever tried before," Sheffield adds. "And yes, she takes it to extremes. Are you surprised? This is Taylor Swift, remember? Extremes are where she starts out."


Swift also has some high-profile fans.


A video of superstar Kelly Clarkson covering the new album's first single, "Shake It Off," in concert was posted on YouTube over the weekend.


"Seriously, everyone gives Taylor a hard time, but she can write a hook," Clarkson said. "I'm just saying."



No comments:

Post a Comment