Friday 3 October 2014

What Biden said (it rhymes with glitch)





  • Joe Biden quipped that being a vice president is "a b----"

  • His comment came at a Harvard University event

  • Biden quickly told the crowd he was joking and called taking the job the "best decision I ever made"




Washington (CNN) -- Vice President Joe Biden has a colorful take on ranking second.


The latest Bidenism came Thursday night at Harvard University's Institute of Politics, when a questioner introduced himself as the vice president of the student body.


"Isn't that a b----?" a smiling Biden said. "I mean ... excuse me. The vice president thing."


Realizing what he'd just said, Biden quickly added: "I'm joking, I'm joking, I'm joking. Best decision I ever made. I'm joking -- that was a joke."


The student told Biden that he hopes he loves being vice president. "I do, actually. I love the guy I work with," Biden said.


The comment came during a substantive event where Biden discussed free trade deals, foreign policy, the Ebola outbreak, race relations and more.


It's far from the first time Biden's off-the-cuff remarks have drawn attention -- sometimes unwanted. The most famous example came in 2010, when he whispered to President Barack Obama -- close enough for microphones to pick up the comment -- that passage of the health care law was "a big f---ing deal."


At women's forum, Biden lauds ex-senator known for sex harassment case


Steve Brusk contributed to this report.



No comments:

Post a Comment