Friday 5 December 2014

'10 Things I Hate About You' star starts new religion






Andrew Keegan, who came to fame in the 1999 film "10 Things I Hate About You," founded Full Circle, a new age temple and spiritual movement<a href='http://ift.tt/1kEQxeN' target='_blank'> described to Vice </a>as "advanced spiritualism."Andrew Keegan, who came to fame in the 1999 film "10 Things I Hate About You," founded Full Circle, a new age temple and spiritual movement described to Vice as "advanced spiritualism."

Chris Pratt, star of the summer blockbuster "Guardians of the Galaxy," <a href='http://ift.tt/Xo4MKM' target='_blank'>told People</a> that the birth of his premature son in 2012 had caused him and his wife, actress Anna Faris, to pray a great deal. "It restored my faith in God, not that it needed to be restored, but it really redefined it." Chris Pratt, star of the summer blockbuster "Guardians of the Galaxy," told People that the birth of his premature son in 2012 had caused him and his wife, actress Anna Faris, to pray a great deal. "It restored my faith in God, not that it needed to be restored, but it really redefined it."

Some were surprised to learn that rapper Ja Rule, once best known for being the brash star of Murder Inc. Records, was raised by Jehovah's Witnesses, as he revealed in his memoir "Unruly: The Highs and Lows of Becoming a Man." Now Ja Rule, who was born Jeffrey Atkins, has been baptized as a Christian after "reconnecting with God" while working on the 2013 movie, "I'm In Love With a Church Girl." Some were surprised to learn that rapper Ja Rule, once best known for being the brash star of Murder Inc. Records, was raised by Jehovah's Witnesses, as he revealed in his memoir "Unruly: The Highs and Lows of Becoming a Man." Now Ja Rule, who was born Jeffrey Atkins, has been baptized as a Christian after "reconnecting with God" while working on the 2013 movie, "I'm In Love With a Church Girl."

Justin Bieber was raised in a Christian household by his evangelical mother. In a 2011 interview with Rolling Stone, Bieber said, "I feel I have an obligation to plant little seeds with my fans. I'm not going to tell them, 'You need Jesus,' but I will say at the end of my show, 'God loves you.' "Justin Bieber was raised in a Christian household by his evangelical mother. In a 2011 interview with Rolling Stone, Bieber said, "I feel I have an obligation to plant little seeds with my fans. I'm not going to tell them, 'You need Jesus,' but I will say at the end of my show, 'God loves you.' "

Julia Roberts, the star of "Eat Pray Love" and countless other movies, says she and her family chant and pray at a Hindu temple. "I'm definitely a practicing Hindu," she told People in 2011. Julia Roberts, the star of "Eat Pray Love" and countless other movies, says she and her family chant and pray at a Hindu temple. "I'm definitely a practicing Hindu," she told People in 2011.

Actress Natalie Portman was raised in a Jewish household in Long Island, New York. Now she jokes that "like, every Jewish role comes to me." Actress Natalie Portman was raised in a Jewish household in Long Island, New York. Now she jokes that "like, every Jewish role comes to me."

Pop star Prince became a Jehovah's Witness in 2001 and has even gone door-to-door to share his faith with others. "Sometimes people act surprised," he told The New Yorker in 2008. "But mostly they're really cool about it." Pop star Prince became a Jehovah's Witness in 2001 and has even gone door-to-door to share his faith with others. "Sometimes people act surprised," he told The New Yorker in 2008. "But mostly they're really cool about it."

Tiger Woods repeatedly invoked his Buddhist faith during his public apology for marital infidelity in 2010. "People probably don't realize it," he said, "but I was raised a Buddhist, and I actively practiced my faith from childhood until I drifted away from it in recent years."Tiger Woods repeatedly invoked his Buddhist faith during his public apology for marital infidelity in 2010. "People probably don't realize it," he said, "but I was raised a Buddhist, and I actively practiced my faith from childhood until I drifted away from it in recent years."

Former boxer Mike Tyson told Fox News in December that he's "very grateful to be a Muslim." "Allah doesn't need me; I need Allah," said the onetime heavyweight champion. Former boxer Mike Tyson told Fox News in December that he's "very grateful to be a Muslim." "Allah doesn't need me; I need Allah," said the onetime heavyweight champion.

Singer Alice Cooper always believed in Christ but wouldn't have considered himself a Christian before giving up his rock-star lifestyle, he told the Huffington Post. Singer Alice Cooper always believed in Christ but wouldn't have considered himself a Christian before giving up his rock-star lifestyle, he told the Huffington Post.

Actor Mark Wahlberg is serious about his Catholic faith. Even so, he joked about his risque roles with CNN's Jake Tapper. "I hope God's a movie fan. I want to explain 'Boogie Nights' at the right time."Actor Mark Wahlberg is serious about his Catholic faith. Even so, he joked about his risque roles with CNN's Jake Tapper. "I hope God's a movie fan. I want to explain 'Boogie Nights' at the right time."

Former "American Idol" contestant David Archuleta went on a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, better known as the Mormons, after his stint on the show.Former "American Idol" contestant David Archuleta went on a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, better known as the Mormons, after his stint on the show.

Orlando Bloom joined the Soka Gakkai school of Buddhism at age 19. "It's about studying what is going on in my daily life and using that as fuel to go and live a bigger life," he told Details in 2007.Orlando Bloom joined the Soka Gakkai school of Buddhism at age 19. "It's about studying what is going on in my daily life and using that as fuel to go and live a bigger life," he told Details in 2007.

Recognized for his role in "Rush Hour," Chris Tucker said he became a born-again Christian after filming "Money Talks" in 1997. Eight years later, Tucker was arrested for speeding on a Sunday in Georgia, allegedly approaching 120 mph. He was soon released and apologized, saying he was running late to church.Recognized for his role in "Rush Hour," Chris Tucker said he became a born-again Christian after filming "Money Talks" in 1997. Eight years later, Tucker was arrested for speeding on a Sunday in Georgia, allegedly approaching 120 mph. He was soon released and apologized, saying he was running late to church.

Comedian Dave Chappelle, a practicing Muslim, left his highly successful show in 2005 and went on a spiritual retreat in Africa. "I don't normally talk about my religion publicly because I don't want people to associate me and my flaws with this beautiful thing," he told Time in 2005. "And I believe it is a beautiful religion if you learn it the right way."Comedian Dave Chappelle, a practicing Muslim, left his highly successful show in 2005 and went on a spiritual retreat in Africa. "I don't normally talk about my religion publicly because I don't want people to associate me and my flaws with this beautiful thing," he told Time in 2005. "And I believe it is a beautiful religion if you learn it the right way."

Paula Abdul, the singer and former "American Idol" judge, told The Associated Press that "beyond being Jewish, I've always found myself to be very much in tune with spirituality." Paula Abdul, the singer and former "American Idol" judge, told The Associated Press that "beyond being Jewish, I've always found myself to be very much in tune with spirituality."

Miley Cyrus was baptized in a Southern Baptist church and still calls herself a Christian though she doesn't attend church every Sunday. "People are always looking for you to do something that is non-Christian," she told Parade magazine in 2010. "But it's like, 'Dude, Christians don't live in the dark.' ... If I wear something revealing, they go, 'Well, that's not Christian.' And I'm like, 'Yeah, I'm going to go to hell because I'm wearing a pair of really short white shorts.' "Miley Cyrus was baptized in a Southern Baptist church and still calls herself a Christian though she doesn't attend church every Sunday. "People are always looking for you to do something that is non-Christian," she told Parade magazine in 2010. "But it's like, 'Dude, Christians don't live in the dark.' ... If I wear something revealing, they go, 'Well, that's not Christian.' And I'm like, 'Yeah, I'm going to go to hell because I'm wearing a pair of really short white shorts.' "

Actress Erika Christensen defended Scientology last year after the release of "Going Clear," a book that offered a probing look at the controversial church. "(People assume) we're some kind of closed group and we're just the Hollywood religion ... and we worship rabbits. I don't actually know how many people think that," she<a href='http://ift.tt/Xqds38' target='_blank'> joked in an online video</a>.Actress Erika Christensen defended Scientology last year after the release of "Going Clear," a book that offered a probing look at the controversial church. "(People assume) we're some kind of closed group and we're just the Hollywood religion ... and we worship rabbits. I don't actually know how many people think that," she joked in an online video.

Actor Denzel Washington may be more known for his starring role in films like "American Gangster," but he's also a devout Christian. He told GQ magazine in 2012 that he "reads the Bible every day." Actor Denzel Washington may be more known for his starring role in films like "American Gangster," but he's also a devout Christian. He told GQ magazine in 2012 that he "reads the Bible every day."

Pop star Katy Perry was raised Pentecostal and once recorded on a Christian label. "I lay on my back one night and looked down at my feet, and I prayed to God. I said, 'God, will you please let me have boobs so big that I can't see my feet when I'm lying down?' God answered my prayers," she told GQ magazine. Pop star Katy Perry was raised Pentecostal and once recorded on a Christian label. "I lay on my back one night and looked down at my feet, and I prayed to God. I said, 'God, will you please let me have boobs so big that I can't see my feet when I'm lying down?' God answered my prayers," she told GQ magazine.

Malcolm Gladwell, the bestselling journalist, was raised among Mennonites. After writing "David and Goliath," he told Religion News Service that "I am in the process of rediscovering my own faith again." Malcolm Gladwell, the bestselling journalist, was raised among Mennonites. After writing "David and Goliath," he told Religion News Service that "I am in the process of rediscovering my own faith again."

After Pope Francis was elected, television personality Mario Lopez tweeted, "Big moment for the church &amp; for those of us who call ourselves Catholics. I hope Pope Francis comes with an open heart &amp; open mind... #Faith." After Pope Francis was elected, television personality Mario Lopez tweeted, "Big moment for the church & for those of us who call ourselves Catholics. I hope Pope Francis comes with an open heart & open mind... #Faith."








1



2



3



4



5



6



7



8



9



10



11



12



13



14



15



16



17



18



19



20



21



22








  • Andrew Keegan started a new age temple and spiritual movement

  • Keegan played Joey Donner alongside Heath Ledger and Julia Stiles

  • He says his movement is a community, not a cult




(CNN) -- As Joey Donner in the 1999 film "10 Things I Hate About You," Andrew Keegan attracted his fare share of fans.


Now, he's attracting converts.


According to Vice, the actor has started a new age temple and spiritual movement in Venice, California. Full Circle is described as "advanced spiritualism."


"Synchronicity. Time. That's what it's all about," Keegan told Vice. "Whatever, the past, some other time. It's a circle; in the center is now. That's what it's about."


The former teen heartthrob said his spiritual journey began after he and some friends were attacked on Venice Beach in 2011. The incident happened around the same time as the earthquake and tsunami in Japan, and Keegan said he began to see an odd series of occurrences that led him to start Full Circle.


"I had a moment where I was looking at a streetlamp, and it exploded," he said. "That was a weird coincidence. At a ceremony, a heart-shaped rose quartz crystal was on the altar, and synchronistically, this whole thing happened. It's a long story, but basically the crystal jumped off the altar and skipped on camera. That was weird."


It all prompted him to conclude that "the mission is to take the war out of our story, which is essentially peace but activated peace," he said.


His church, which started occupying its building in May, now has several members. Keegan says it's not a cult but a community.


"I very much speak what comes through (while) in the collective," he said. "We create a resonance of balance and equality of the crew."



No comments:

Post a Comment